Saturday, August 25, 2018

CAS(E) this Sketch Missing You

Hello everyone! I am excited to share another card with you today. Today I am using sketch #286 from CAS(E) this Sketch! Here is my card:



And here is the sketch:



I flipped the sketch so that I could make an eclipse card. I love this type of card. It is where you cut out letters that make the work you want to highlight or "eclipse" and then mount the letters on dimensionals so that it looks like the word is "eclipsed". It is such a fun card to make and really makes a statement. You can see a close up of it here:


I did a watercolor wash on watercolor paper with the following colors: Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze and Cherry Cobbler. I used an Aqua painter and started with Pumpkin Pie. 


I colored the whole piece of paper and then dried that with my heat tool because I didn't want to wait for it to dry on its own. I'm a little impatient. After that was dry, I then colored in random areas with Cajun Craze and Cherry Cobbler to add some dimension and make it interesting. 

I let that dry and then heat embossed the lovely leaf image from the exclusive "Blended Seasons" stamp set that is only available this month or while supplies last. I used Gold embossing powder as it looked just wonderful with this color palette. 



I cut out "MISS" with the Large Letters Framelits using my Big Shot. I then took the "I just miss you" sentiment from the same stamp set and used washi tape to mask off the "miss you" part. I inked it up and stamped the "I just" above MISS and "you" under it. 



I put mini dimensionals under the large letters and placed them on the card where I cut them out. I then mounted this piece on Cherry Cobbler card stock and that onto a Pumpkin Pie card base.

Here is the color combination used for today's card:



I really like the warm colors on this card. They remind me of fall, which I am soooo ready for! 

I just love how this card turned out. Wouldn't this be so fun to find in your suitcase when you were traveling away from loved ones or if you had to take an extended trip?  I would love it!


1 comment: