Sunday, August 26, 2018

Get Well Soon with Healing Hugs


Hello everyone! I have a pretty card for you today. I sometimes find it hard to make Sympathy or Get Well Cards. I try to have a few on hand because I find it difficult to create when the mood is somber and I have to come up with a card that will convey how I feel. I always feel like I can't capture my feelings on paper at difficult times. Maybe that's different for you. Some people are able to let their feelings guide them into creating something that expresses exactly how they feel. If you are one of these people, you are very lucky.

Anyways, on to my card:


We made this card for card class in June. I just love the soft, subtle color palette. It is very comforting to me. Here are the colors I used on this card:


I took the colors from the Specialty Designer Series Paper, Tea Room. This is such beautiful paper. It is thinner than our regular DSP so it doesn't add a lot of bulk to your card and it has so many beautiful prints. I used just a small strip of the DSP, but it adds some color and contrast to the card. 


I also used the Delicate Lace Edgelits. Aren't these just beautiful? I love being able to add a pretty trim to my cards and these edgelits do just that. There are three different dies in the set. Click here to see a few more ways you can use these edgelits. 

To create the different colors in the rose, I first stamped the whole image with Crushed Curry ink. Then, before stamping, I took a sponge dauber and randomly inked around the rose with Mango Melody ink. I then stamped the rose onto my card stock.

I stamped the leaves in Old Olive ink.  Aren't they just beautiful? I love these DistINKtive stamps that Stampin' Up! has come out with. They are stamps made from a photo so you get a very realistic looking image. Just gorgeous!


We also decorated the inside of the card with a sentiment and other images from the stamp set, Healing Hugs. I love a little something on the inside of my cards. It just adds that special touch.

Thanks for visiting my site today! I hope I have inspired you to create something pretty and meaningful for someone special in your life.

Don't forget, you only have a few days left for the Blended Seasons Special and also Bonus Days!




























1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card, Mindy! Love, love, LOVE your color palette. And you're right - it's really hard to make a "difficult" card when you need it. This one is perfect to have on hand for those - as well as other, more happy - occasions!

    ReplyDelete