Tuesday, August 28, 2018

It's a Farmhouse Christmas!

Hello everyone! Today I have a card for you made using a challenge sketch. I just love sketches! They are a great starting point in the creative process. Here is my card:


And here is the sketch:



Isn't this a great sketch? I love the tilted panel and this lends itself to a clean and simple card.


I used the new stamp set, "Farmhouse Christmas". It is in the upcoming Holiday Catalog. I just absolutely love it! It has some fun images that take me back to my small town where I grew up. I used the "Merry Christmas" stamp. I stamped it twice. Once in Garden Green (okay, I didn't look close enough and used Garden Green when the color in this DSP is actually Mossy Meadow. Oops! I still think it works.) and once in Cherry Cobbler. I cut out the green sentiment with the Stitched Shapes dies and the Cherry Cobbler one with the dies that coordinate with the "Farmhouse Christmas" stamp set, "Farmhouse Framelits Dies". I then mounted the green circle onto a Cherry Cobbler scallop circle cut from the Layering Circle dies and adhered that to the card with dimensionals. I then added the "Merry Christmas" banner to the circle with dimensionals.
A little dry embossing and twine that coordinates and my card is complete.

Here is my color combination that I used:



I did add a sentiment from the stamp set and some stamped trim to decorate the inside of my card. 

I hope you were inspired today to create something of your own. Don't forget! You only have a few days left to get the Blended Seasons bundle and take advantage of Bonus Days. Click on the links above and to the left for more info. 


2 comments:

  1. A great Country Christmas card! That DSP gives it such a homey feel :) Thanks for joining us at SUNDAY STAMPS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love that plaid paper, perfect colors for Christmas! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete