Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Just Add Ink to Painted Harvest

Hello everyone! I have another card for you today. I want to make sure that I enter this card in time for a challenge. Fingers crossed!

Anyways, the challenge is over at Just Add Ink. It is a color challenge.



Just Add Ink Colour Challenge #423

I had the hardest time trying to figure out what I was going to do with these colors. I do not like to mix warm (Soft Suede) and cool (Basic Gray, Silver & Bermuda Bay) colors together. They just don't seem to work, but I was determined that I was going to try and do it.  Here is what I came up with:


I used the stamp set, "Painted Harvest". I think this is such a great stamp set. I love the watercolor images in it and it has the loveliest fonts. 

I felt like the Bermuda Bay was really bright so I toned it down by stamping off before stamping the bottom layer of the flower and I sponged the Bermuda Bay panel in the background with Soft Suede ink to give it an aged look.

I think I don't mind this color combination. I love what the design team did with it and I like how my card turned out. You really can mix warm and cool colors together. (Although, I don't know if I will be doing it anytime soon!)


I used the new sprig punch that will be in the upcoming Holiday catalog. I love this punch! It adds just a little somethin', somethin' when you need it. So cute! 

For the sentiment, I used a die from the "Lakeside Framelits" The die is actually bigger than this, but I cut out one end of the sentiment and then put the die a little closer to the saying and cut again. I wish I had taken a picture of this. It is hard to explain exactly what I did. I basically shortened it. Next time I will take pictures of the creating process. 

Do you see the little embossed/die cut "x"'s on the thin strips of gray? I just love that little touch! That die is from the "Stitched Labels Framelits" and it is amazing! There is also a straight, stitched edge die also. You have got to get these dies!!!


On the inside of the card, I put a sentiment from the same stamp set and added some greenery to the bottom. I really like decorating the inside of my cards. Even if it is just a sentiment and a strip of washi tape or DSP. It just adds that little, special touch. 

I hope you enjoyed my card. I would love to see what you create with this color combination!

Don't forget the August specials! You only have a few more days!



3 comments:

  1. This is lovely Mindy! I really like how you stamped off and aged elements to get the perfect balance. I love the stitched borders and totally agree that they are rather special! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Mindy! I love the colours you’ve chosen for your sunflower and the added layers of leaves. It’s such a lush posy! And the sponged corrugated layer and stitched edges are such beautiful finishing details. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty card - I love the background panel, it looks so textured. I really like how you have stamped both inside and outside of the card. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete