Friday, August 31, 2018

Wishing You Well


I just participated in an online swap. We are a group of stampers who wanted some WOW samples using new products that are going to be in the upcoming SU! Holiday Catalog to show to our customers. What is a WOW sample, you ask? Well, it is a card that makes you say, "Wow"! when you see it. I tend to lean towards a more clean and simple look so I was a little worried that my card wasn't "wow" enough, but I am pleased with the card I came up with. Here it is:


I just love the new stamp set, "Wishing You Well". It is a Dist-INK-tive stamp set by Stampin' Up! What is this? It is a stamp set that has been made using a photo of the images. They are so realistic and stunning. I just love the images in this set and the font is just adorable. It has such a delicate feel to it and I am in LOVE!!!

I took my color palette from some new DSP that will also be in the new holiday catalog. It is called Country Lane Designer Series Paper. It has some rich, fall colors in it. Here is the color palette that I used:


Aren't these just lovely? 


If you look closely, you can see that I used Wink of Stella on the bow to add a little shimmer. It is kind of hard to see here, but trust me, in real life it is so sparkly. I also took some Basic Pearls and colored them with the dark Daffodil Delight Blends marker and the new, dark Blackberry Bliss Blends marker that will be in the holiday catalog! I love getting more Blends colors. So exciting!


This card has a fun fold. I am not sure what it is called, but I think it is pretty neat. It is simple to make, but different than your usual card. I stamped that lovely bow again on the inside of my card to pretty it up. 


The inside of my card uses another sheet of DSP from Country Lane that is just beautiful! It coordinates with a new product that you are just going to LOVE!!! It is the Tin Tile Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I used it on a card I shared previously here. Isn't that gorgeous? Swoon!

I'm glad you joined me again today and I hope that I have inspired you to get creating! 
















1 comment: