Saturday, September 22, 2018

CASEing Kerstin around the Globe

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend! It has been quiet for my hubby and I as the kids are hanging out with friends. It is giving us a taste of what it will be like being empty-nesters. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Anyways, I want to share a card with you today. I am playing along with the Global Design Project with today's card.



Here is what inspired my card:


Isn't this a lovely card done by Kerstin Kreis? I just love it. So pretty. In playing along with this week's challenge, we are supposed to CASE the Designer. CASE means, Copy And Selectively Edit. I fear I may have CASEd her a little too closely, but I hope that is okay. 


I really liked Kerstin's card in that it had a lot of "white space". It is such a clean and elegant look. I recreated the embossed background by cutting out some flowers from our gorgeous "Delightfully Detailed" Laser-Cut Specialty Paper. It is so pretty! I glued it to my white card in the center. 

I also loved Kerstin's color palette. Here are the colors I also used for my card:



Isn't this a lovely palette? I used the "First Frost" stamp set and stamped the flowers and leaves on scratch paper and cut them out with the coordinating "Frosted Bouquet" framelits. I also die cut a little sprig from Mint Macaron card stock and adhered all the pieces to the front of the card.


If you look closely at the top of the card, you will see some little x's that are cut into the cardstock. I used the "Stitched Labels" framelits. I also used these framelits to "frame" my sentiment on the front.  I just love these framelits! I use them all the time. This is a must have product from the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog.


I stamped a greeting from the "First Frost" stamp set and some greenery and a flower for the inside and this card is done. I really like how it turned out. Thanks Kerstin for a beautiful card to inspire us!























No comments:

Post a Comment