Sunday, September 23, 2018

A Freshly Made Farmhouse!

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a nice and relaxing Sunday. I am so excited to share my card with you today! I just love the stamp set that I used and I am loving the sketch. Here is my card:


Here is the sketch:



Isn't this a great sketch? When I first saw it, I was very intimidated, but once I started looking at my stamps, I realized that by using "Farmhouse Christmas", you can build a fun scene. Perfect for this sketch! I turned the sketch on its side and away I went!

 But first, let me share my color palette with you quickly:



I love the "Farmhouse Christmas" bundle. It is such a darling set with cute images and wonderful sentiments and coordinating dies. I have used this stamp set before, but haven't inked up this cute little house and tree. I used the Wood Textures 6 x 6 DSP to make the tree look realistic. I think it looks so cool! Very real! I am also LOVING this gate die. How adorable is that?!?!  I am so in love with this bundle. This should be a must have on everyone's list. (Unless you have it already, if so, bravo!) I used my blends to color in my house. I love how well they shade and blend. 


Don't you love my cloudy sky? Here's what I did to make it: I cut out a large cloud using the Up and Away thinlits. I am so glad I remembered I had these. I then put the cloud down on my vanilla card stock and took a sponge dauber and Smoky Slate ink and sponged around just the top of the cloud. I then moved it around and sponged until I had a nice, little cloudy sky. So cute! I cut a curvy line at the bottom of my sky and glued it down to a piece of Mossy Meadow card stock. That way it looks like the sky meeting the ground. 

I adhered my tree, fence and house to the front of my card. I then used the dies to cut out the darling, little bows and wreath, adhered them and my cozy, little scene was done. So much fun!


I couldn't leave the inside blank so I added a sentiment and this cute, little truck from the same stamp set. I colored the truck with my blends and there you have a wonderful card to give to someone special during the holidays! 

I am so glad that you joined me today. I hope you enjoy this card as much as I do. Happy stamping!

















2 comments:

  1. What a cute scene! And I love how you've used the fence with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love how you used the fence as the vertical/horizontal element. And your coloring is lovely!

    ReplyDelete