Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Good looking Hand Stamped Baubles? I'm not too sure.

Hello everyone! I hope your day is fabulous so far! The hubby and I had a nice relaxing weekend and the kids were busy with friends. My week is going great so far. It would be even better if it were the weekend! Lol!

I want to share a card with you today. I had high hopes for this card. It looked so gorgeous in my head and when I got it all onto paper, it wasn't how I had imagined it. Does that ever happen to you? It does to me. Probably more often than I would like!  

Anyways, I decided to share it with you so that you can see that not all things go as planned, but there is still something good about it and worth sharing with others. Let's see what you think:


I used a sketch from Hand Stamped Sentiments Sketch Challenge #298. Here is the sketch:



I did not enter this into their challenge. I wasn't too sure about it, but I really liked the sketch. As I said earlier in this post, I had an idea in my head and it just didn't turn out how I thought it would.


I just love this ornament from "Beautiful Baubles". This is a new set in the Holiday Catalog. Isn't this ornament just gorgeous? I have used this on a couple of projects and I am loving it every time I use it. I will show you this darling gift card holder I made with this set for Stampin' Up's! OnStage in November after I have swapped it. Anyways, I love the copper embossing of the ornament. I watercolored the ornament with my Aqua Painter and ink pads. I think it helps the copper in the DSP really stand out. 

Before I go on, let me share my color palette with you quickly:






Isn't that shine just lovely? I just love the copper with these rich colors. I added a little sprig from the Frosted Bouquet Framelits to keep with the sketch and fill that empty space. I also used the Subtle TIEF on the Gray Granite card stock to add some dimension. I think the thing that is throwing me is the top of that ornament. It is missing the top! I mostly covered it with this gorgeous, soft twine and it is making my ornament look frumpy or off or something. Maybe that is what it is. 


I kept the inside very simple, but added a nice sentiment and a little stamping to make it pretty.


What do you think? I would love to hear your thoughts on my card. (Just don't be too brutal! :))  I hope that you continue creating even when something doesn't go quite as you thought it would. That is how we grow as a creators, through patience and perseverance! 

So I thought I'd share a little of what is going on with me lately real quick. We are going to start building our new house very soon! We have been waiting anxiously and the permits from the city should be ready any day now. We are so very excited, but hesitant for this journey. I have heard that building can be very stressful! So many choices and decisions to make, but I am ready to hit things head on! I can do this! 

We are building in the same town of St. George, Utah, just across town from where we are now. We just love it here and have no plans to ever go anywhere else. Granted, the summers are brutally hot, but the rest of the year is just wonderful. I will let you know when they start digging the hole and how things go. Wish us luck!






1 comment:

  1. My thoughts about this card: You're silly. It's absolutely gorgeous. Your ornament is NOT frumpy. It's stunning, and your colors are beautiful. Good luck with the construction! It can be stressful, but that's usually when the contractor's schedule gets messed up or when homeowners get a little more involved, try to tell the contractors how they should do things, or change things at the last minute. (My DH is an electrical contractor as well as a Real Estate Broker, so I have first hand knowledge!) It can be fun, though, watching the walls go up!

    ReplyDelete