Thursday, September 27, 2018

Wishing You Well with the Ladies

Hello everyone! How are you today? Well, I hope. It has been a lovely week here. We have been in the low 90's this week so far and I am loving that it finally cools off in the evening and is much cooler in the mornings. I can't wait until it gets much cooler and we can start wearing sweatshirts and sweaters. We are headed into one of my favorite parts of the year and I am excited!!!

I am sharing a card with you today that we made at September's Card Class. The very first set that I bought from the Holiday Catalog was "Wishing You Well". I just loved the beautiful, delicate images and the sweet sentiments with the lovely font. You can't loose with this set. It can be used for multiple occasions depending on the sentiment you use with it. Let me show you what I mean:


I took my color palette from this gorgeous DSP:



Isn't this such a great color combination? I love the inspiration that our Designer Series Paper gives us. They have such great color combos, you can't go wrong when trying to figure out what colors would look good together. 


I wanted to use this fabulous DSP on my card today. It is our Frosted Floral Specialty DSP. Each piece of paper has some shimmer to it making it just elegant and lovely. Perfect for winter, wedding, and any other occasion cards. 


Can't you see the shimmer in the paper and the bow? Isn't that just gorgeous? I used the Wink of Stella on the bow. 

I paired a small strip of DSP with the "Wishing You Well" stamp set.  I wanted to make a Bridal Shower card as I like to have a few on hand, but noticed I don't have any! I thought this would also be perfect for a class as it is easy, but very pretty also. We stamped the "bouquet" in Smoky Slate and the flowers in Tranquil Tide. I then had everyone stamp the bow on a separate piece of paper with Tranquil Tide ink and color it in with Clear Wink of Stella. I love how the Wink of Stella blends the ink slightly and adds some shimmer at the same time. We cut out the bow and adhered it using dimensionals. 

We used the Tufted TIEF for the base of the card. It just adds a little something to an otherwise plain background without overpowering the card.  We used  a sentiment from another stamp set to make this a bridal card and I think it turned out just lovely. Very easy, but elegant at the same time. It was a hit with the ladies at class. Now that I am looking at it, it could use a rhinestone or two or three! I may just have to go add some and see how I like it. Otherwise, I really like how this turned out. 


On the inside we added a sentiment and a little washi tape (Sorry, this is retired!) and this card is done!

I would love to see how you use this stamp set. Please share with me using my email: mindyclove75@gmail.com. 

I hope I have inspired you to go and make something beautiful today!
















No comments:

Post a Comment