Thursday, September 27, 2018

Trick or Tweet

Hello stampers! How are you today? I hope you are well. I am so excited to show my card with you today! I made some plaid card stock using my Buffalo Check Clear Mount Stamp and some markers. I am probably one of the last people to try this, but I am so glad that I did! It turned out so cute! Here is my card:


Isn't this too cute?!?!?! I used the sketch over at The Paper Players. Here is the sketch:



Isn't this a great sketch? Anyways, back to my card:


I just love the stamp set "Trick or Tweet". It has the cutest little critters in it. I have used this set a few times and have used some of
the different animals and they are all so adorable. 

I am totally diggin' the plaid "DSP". I made my own background paper using white card stock, the "Buffalo Check" stamp set and some SU! markers. Here is a close up of the plaid:


Here is how I did this: I put my large, Buffalo Check stamp on a plate of the Stamparatus. I put my card stock in the corner of the Stamparatus and inked up the check with Granny Apple Green ink. I then stamped the image onto my card stock. I had to re-ink the stamp and stamp it a second time as I wanted to get a really good image. I then took the brush tip of a Gorgeous Grape marker and a ruler and drew lines as you can see above. I then took a Pumpkin Pie marker and used the skinny end (writing tip) and drew thin lines in the middle of the white squares. I just LOVE how it turned out! So stinkin' cute!!!


I stamped my kitten with Memento Black in and colored it with Blends markers. I then cut my kitten out with the Stitched Labels Framelits and mounted it on a Gorgeous Grape Scallop Circle cut with the Layering Circles Framelits. I put a little Silver Metallic Thread behind my circle and adhered it to my card front. It is a little hard to see, but if you look closely, you can see that I used the Subtle Dynamic TIEF on the black card stock. I thought it added a little something to an otherwise plain piece.


I wanted to decorate the inside of my card. I used a sentiment from "Trick or Tweet", but didn't really have any small Halloween stamp sets. I then remembered that I have the September Paper Pumpkin! I used the little stamps from that! So cute! I love that you can use Paper Pumpkin stamp sets for other cards.

I hope I have inspired you to go create a little something pretty. I look forward to sharing with you next time!








3 comments:

  1. I just love that plaid! And the image with the sentiment is so cute. So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me attention with that cute kitty and your fantastic plaid background. So fun!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy, I just love your little kitty card! I especially love how you created the fantastic plaid pattern. That Buffalo Check stamp is one of my favorites and this makes it even more versatile. So glad you joined us this week at The Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete