Saturday, September 29, 2018

Lily Pad Lake

Hello stampers! I hope you are well today. I have to say, I am so ready for fall to get here. It has been pretty nice here, but it is still too hot for me. The weatherman says it is supposed to rain here all next week. I will believe it when I see it, but if it does, I will be in heaven! Fingers crossed!

I have a card to share with you today. It makes me long for sandy beaches and crashing waves on the shore. That sounds so relaxing right now!


I saw a sketch last week that inspired this card. You know what though? I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it! It was for a sketch challenge, but I didn't get it ready in time, but I still wanted to share it with you as I really liked how this turned out.

I did an ombre-type technique with my waves. I used the Lakefront Framelits and cut out my card stock and then used only part of the die cut paper to makes waves up my card front. I added a few boats in the water and that's it. I probably should have made a sunset sky now that I'm looking at the card. My sun looks like it is setting. Hmm... I think I still like it. :) 


On the inside I used the water stamp from "Lily Pad Lake" and stamped it once at the bottom and then stamped again, three times up the page without re-inking. I really like the look! I took one of the boats left over from the front and placed it in my waves. I added the sentiment and this card is done. 

I have to say, I really love the font used in this set. I also really like the sentiments. Sometimes it is hard to come up with the right words for some situations and this stamp set, "Lily Pad Lake" has some great sentiments that say just the right thing.

I hope my card has inspired you today. Adios, until next time!

Yes, I just said, "Adios!" I have started taking a Spanish class with my sister-in-law. I took Spanish for two years in high school and really enjoyed it.  I have been wanting to take classes, but just haven't done it yet. I finally bit the bullet and my SIL wanted to do it also! We are having such a great time. It has been fun polishing up my skills and remembering things. I still have a long way to go, but I am so excited! Wish me luck!




















No comments:

Post a Comment