Sunday, September 2, 2018

Deck the Halls with a Sketch

Hello everyone! We had a great, long weekend! I love it when the kids have a day off of school. It is finally starting to cool off here in sunny St. George. Thank goodness! I can finally see Fall on the horizon and it looks so inviting!

There is a great sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches that I just love. I decided to pull out some new, upcoming products from the Holiday Catalog. I love new product!!! Especially Holiday stuff! Woot, Woot!

AnyHoo, Here is my card:


And here is the sketch:


Isn't this a great sketch? I just love it! I kept my card very clean and simple with lots of white space and stayed true to the sketch. 


I used the Beautiful Baubles Bundle. This was one of the first things I ordered from the Holiday Catalog. This is a gorgeous stamp set with vintage glass ornaments and some pretty sayings with a beautiful font. I just love a pretty font! There are amazing dies that coordinate with this stamp set as well. 
I really wanted to highlight this beautiful die and can you say, "GORGEOUS", glimmer paper. Oh my goodness! This glimmer paper is so amazing! You are especially going to love it as it doesn't shed glitter! It also comes in a 6 x 6 stack with three different colors that are rich and luxurious.

Here is my color palette:

It is hard to see in this picture, but the color of the glimmer paper is Merry Merlot. It is one of our new colors this year and it is perfect for Christmas. I added a little more bling by putting rhinestones on my ornament as well. You can never have too much bling I say. Did you notice that ribbon? It is Tranquil Tide Velvet Ribbon. How gorgeous! Trust me, you are definitely going to want some of this.


I didn't do too much to the inside as I need space to write a little Christmas greeting. I did stamp a few flurries from the stamp set just to add a little flair to the inside. Most people forget to do this, but I like to add a little somethin', somethin' to the inside. It just adds that special touch.

Thanks for visiting today! I look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! That sparkly ornament is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that ornament.....so elegant! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete