Thursday, September 6, 2018

Double Trouble with School Days

Hello there everyone! I have a fun card to share with you today. I am using the challenges at Try Stampin' On Tuesday and at Double Trouble.

Try Stampin' On Tuesday has a sketch for us:



Try Stampin' On Tuesday

Double Trouble has a theme: School Days with a twist, add a bookmark.



Double Trouble

To tell you the truth, I don't have ANY school stamps or products. Nothin'. Nada. Diddly squat. What was I to do? Well I went looking through my stamps anyways to see if I could fine something even close that could possibly work. Low and behold, I found something! I found the hostess set, "Hand Delivered" by Stampin' Up! It has a couple of images that worked. So exciting!

Here is my card:


I think it works! I used some bright, Primary colors and the image of the books to tie into the school theme. I thought this would make a great card for a teacher. 

I have to tell you something. While I was making this card, I made a boo boo. I was nearly done coloring this lovely lady and her books when I noticed this:


What in the world?!?! I can't believe that happened! When I was taking the lid off of my Real Red Blends, a drop of ink flew onto my paper. I was nearly done and I DID NOT want to start all over again. Aaaaaaargh! 

Well, in spectacular, school-like fashion, I put on my thinking cap and tried to come up with a solution to this difficult problem. Aha! I would cover that darn spot with a sentiment!


Check that out! You can't even tell that I messed up. It looks like that sentiment was put there intentionally. Ha! It did leave a lot of white space up top though. I just added some fabulous twine and it works!

I also added a bookmark. Where is it you say? Well, here is a picture with the bookmark:


When I give this away, I will have to make an envelope to fit this little beauty. When I adhered the Navy patterned paper, I only put adhesive on the sides and bottom. That way it left a pocket for me to slide the bookmark into.


Here is my bookmark. I love the sentiment. It is so true, isn't it? I just used the same image that I used on the front of the card, punched the hole and added some twine and we have a bookmark made for a teacher.


A little somethin', somethin' on the inside and my card is done.


I hope I inspired you today. Don't forget to check out the new Holiday Catalog! Let me know how I can help you to get some of those fantastic goodies in your hands today!







8 comments:

  1. Great card, Mindy - and a fabulous job of covering up the ink spot! You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect card for his week's partner challenge with Double Trouble and Try Stampin' on Tuesday, Mindy!!! Love the wahy you hid the bookmark, and the stamped teacher. Your colors are cheerful as well! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah ha, what a great choice for a school card, Mindy! I really like the papers you chose, and the deep colors - you've done a great job on the coloring to match! Such a clever bookmark, lol. Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the paper. and great use and coloring of the stamp. I love how you used the sketch very well done. thanks for joining us at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve learned that there is no such thing as a fail in card making it’s just a learning experience for more creativity! I’m so excited you included a bookmark as that was my twist!!! Thanks for playing along at Double Trouble won’t you make us a regular stop on your crafty adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, Mindy! I get so discouraged when my markers make a mess like that. You saved the day with the sentiment. Your card is just perfect for TSOT & Double Trouble challenges. Thank you for joining us! (I had difficulty finding your name on your blog. Did I overlook it?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know it doesn't happen often but when it does panic strikes...but there's usually a fix for it and you covered it up good. Fantastic coloring, adorable image and love the patterned papers you used...love it all, and then to make a tag is a plus for the person receiving it. And it's a plus for you for additional chances on our random draw. Thanks for sharing this with us at Double Trouble, using the TSOT sketch and creating that extra tag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a gorgeous card - the colours are so vibrant and I think the imagery is inspired for our challenge. The little bookmark to match is just super. And there are never mistakes in crafting just embellishment possibilities! lol! Thanks for joining us at TSOT

    ReplyDelete