Saturday, September 8, 2018

Freshly Made Beautiful Baubles

Hello everyone! I hope your weekend is going well. We are just keeping it casual this weekend. My son is going to Homecoming tonight. He is on his day date right now. I remember those days!

I have a lovely card for you today:


I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches this week:



Isn't this a great sketch? It has a lot of blank space so I decided to let some fabulous Designer Series Paper take center stage.


I just love this sheet of paper in the "All is Bright" DSP. It is so pretty, but I was having a hard time trying to decide what to do with it. The images are large and putting just a strip of it on a card would make it hard to tell what it is. I was so excited when I saw this sketch because it is perfect for this paper. 

I kept the card pretty clean and simple. I let the DSP make the statement here. I embossed the sentiment with Gold Embossing Powder. I just love all the sparkle on this card!


Look how pretty that is! I also used our new Gold Glimmer Paper. I just love this new design! It doesn't shed! No more glitter all over my work space, my face, my everything after using this paper. Thank you Stampin' Up! 

I used some retired (gasp!) ribbon. I know, I try really hard not to do this, but I just love this ribbon and it worked perfectly for this card.


I embossed the sentiment on the inside also and added some shimmery washi tape. (Also retired. Sorry!)  I love decorating the inside of my cards. As I am typing this, I am noticing that my washi tape is crooked. It slants up to the right. Hmmm.... Oh well. Hopefully the recipient won't notice. 

Here is the color combination that I used for today's card:


These colors are so lovely and elegant together. Don't you agree? How can you take some fabulous paper and make it shine? I would love to see what you come up with!

Don't forget that the new Holiday Catalog is out now. If you need a demonstrator, I would love to be yours! Pop me an email at mindyclove75@gmail.com or comment below if you would like a paper catalog. Also, if you received any coupons from August, now is your chance to use them! If you need any help, let me know!





















2 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! I just love all of that gold! So perfect for Christmas! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So elegant! That paper is,fabulous! Beautiful card for the holidays! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete