Thursday, November 12, 2020

OSAT Blog Hop - "Glad Tidings We Bring"

 


Hello everyone! I hope you are all well and healthy. We are here at the Clove house. We have been very lucky thus far. No one in the fam has gotten Covid-19 or any cooties for that matter. Knock on wood! We are hoping it stays that way. We all want to be healthy for Thanksgiving. 

Do any of you have any travel plans for the holiday? We are just staying here in town. If everyone is healthy, we will get together with the hubby's family and feast until we can't eat anymore! I can't wait! Last year I had surgery a few days before Thanksgiving and my dinner consisted of a few Tablespoons of broth. So not fun! I am looking forward to all the fixin's this year.

Anyhoo...Let's move on, shall we? Today we are sharing projects that are perfect for the upcoming Christmas holiday. I have a few that I would like to share. I admit, I didn't make a 3D item, but I am going to share with you some projects that everyone could use...gift card/money holders. Here's my first project:


This is a money holder card. It fits in a standard, business envelope. It is perfect for putting a little cash in! We are making this for class this month. I kept it pretty simple, but I think it's still very pretty. I love the blues used to make this card. They are not your traditional Christmas colors, but I think they are so pretty.

I used the ornament image from the "Ornamental Envelopes" and the sentiment is from "Wrapped In Christmas".


Here is the inside of the card. It is pretty simple. The die cut, blue card stock is the pocket to hold some cash. I thought it was cute!

So my next project is a gift card holder:


This is a gift card holder. A fellow demonstrator, Wendy Lee, had this idea on her blog. She didn't have any measurements, but I thought, "I can figure that out!" And I did! It is one piece of 5 1/8" x 12" DSP scored and folded to make two pockets. It is all held together with the ribbon at the bottom. 

I made two inserts to fit in the pockets. One to write on and one to stick a gift card onto. You just need a glue dot for that. 


What a great way to showcase our beautiful Designer Series Paper! 

Here is my last project I want to share with you:


This is another gift card holder. Isn't that polar bear just adorable? I love the little critters in the "Warm & Toasty" stamp set! They are just darling. 

I used our gorgeous Feels Like Frost DSP for the front of the card. I just love this paper. So many beautiful, photographed images on one side and white and silver on the other. 

I colored my polar bear with Night of Navy and Seaside Spray Blends. I used the light Flirty Flamingo for his little cheeks. :) 


Here is the inside of the card. As you can see, a gift card will go in the slot on the left. (That white piece of paper you see there is the size of a gift card.) I used the Classic Label Punch to make the slot for the gift card to go in. The shape is not long enough if you punch it once, but you just need to move the punch to the side and punch again until you have a slot large enough to slide the gift card in. Easy peasy!

The sentiment is raised up using dimensionals only on the right side. The front panel stays closed by tucking the polar bear panel underneath the sentiment.


Well, I hope you liked by projects today and that you are inspired to go and create some cute gift card holders for your friends and family. I hope you all have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment