Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Making a Wish

Hello there everyone! How are you this lovely day? I hope you had a great weekend. Our weekend wasn't too eventful. We did get flu shots. Not too exciting, but definitely necessary. Lol!

I found a color challenge over at As You See It. I really liked it as it has different blues and I do love blue. Here is my card:


Here is the color challenge:



Isn't this a great color combination? I was very happy to see that I still had Dapper Denim card stock and my ink pad. Sorry guys. This color is retired. I am so sad about that. Dapper Denim is such a lovely shade of blue and I love it. I was excited to be able to use it again! I did put a little Daffodil Delight in there, but I think it looks great with these colors.


My card is pretty simple, but I like how it turned out. I love the row of candles along the bottom of the white card stock. So fun and cheery! I took a piece of Bermuda Bay DSP and a piece of Lemon Lime Twist card stock and adhered them to my base on an angle. I adhered my focal panel and added a little washi tape to add some interest. A few Glitter Enamel Dots finished off my card. I like it! I think this would be a great card for a class as it is fairly simple and was super quick to put together. It was really easy to stamp all those candles as the stamp set, "Broadway Birthday", is photo polymer and I could see right where I was stamping. Easy Peasy! 


I stamped a sentiment on the inside and added a little (fake) sparkle to the side and this card is finished! I love it! Super simple, yet fun and exciting. 

I hope you have been finding time to create for yourself. Whether it be crafting, cooking, sewing, or whatever you enjoy. It is good for the soul. (And great therapy too!)


















2 comments:

  1. Mindy, this is a bright and cheery design! I love the tilted background panels and your choice of paper! And your sentiment is such a bold focal point! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was sad to lose Dapper Denim, wasn't it? This is certainly a bright and cheery birthday card and one that would work well for a man too. I like your inside sentiment. Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete