Thursday, March 12, 2020

OSAT Blog Hop - Chick Ewe Out!

Hello everyone! Mindy here with the OSAT design team. We are hopping again this month. The theme is "Chick Ewe Out". We are to create a card and 3D item using any type of critter (animal) this month. I am so excited about the things I created! I just LOVE how they turned out. Here's what I made:


Oh my goodness! Isn't this so cute! I know I shouldn't be tooting my own horn, but I just love how this turned out and this sloth is so absolutely adorable, is he not?  This card may look like a regular card, but it is not. It is a fancy fold card. Want to see the rest of it? 


Isn't that so cute?! I just love it! I got the fold idea from a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Wendy Lee. Wouldn't you love to get this while you are sick? I don't do very many get well cards, but I love the stamp set,  "Back On Your Feet". The animals and sayings in it are so very cute. 

Here are couple of close ups of the inside:


Isn't that giraffe so cute? I love the little knot in his neck. This stamp set is also so much fun to color with our Stampin' Blends. I also used the stamp set, "Animal Outing" for the little frog on the branch.


I also love this little guy. Isn't he so cute! OMGoodness! I just think all the little critters in this set are too cute! 

So, my 3D item goes along with my card. I was having a hard time coming up with something so I took to the internet to get some ideas. I found this cute idea from another fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Dawn Griffiths. 


This is a little holder that holds a small, travel-size package of tissues and a roll of Halls cough drops. If I wanted to, I could also put a Cup of Soup packet on the back, but I chose not to. 



As you can see in these close ups, I embossed the card stock with the Coastal Weave embossing folder. I thought it added a nice touch and dressed up the card stock a bit. 


Cute! Well, I hope you enjoy hopping along and seeing what the other design team members have come up with. Happy Hopping!





11 comments:

  1. Would love to have the directions for the fancy fold. Can I buy them somewhere? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally should toot your own horn! These are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card! And I just love the Get well kit too! :-) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, this is stunning! Great job!! I mean.. I'd LOVE to receive this when I was sick and who wouldn't??!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzerz! I love the colors and DSP and the adorable critters! Wonderful cards and tissue/cough drop holder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would you consider doing a tutorial for this card?? It is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The perfect teaming of DSP and Stamp Sets. Super cool card that would make anyone who's poorly feel better just admiring it xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! These are fabulous!! The Tropical Oasis DSP went with the projects perfectly too!

    ReplyDelete